Create Ringtones For Iphone
If you’ve purchased one too many ringtones through the Apple Store, then you may be interested in finally learning how to create ringtones for iPhone. Creating ringtones for your iPhone is simple and free, and it doesn’t require any purchased software. All you need to create ringtones for your iPhone is a few simple, free tools and you’ll have as many ringtones as you’d like.
To create ringtones for your iPhone, you will need:
- An iPhone
- USB cable for the iPhone
- Apple ID to download the “Create Ringtones!” app
- Files in your music library to create the ringtones from
- Start by launching the App Store on your phone and downloading the “Create Ringtones!” app. The app is free, and its icon looks like a gray square with a blue speaker in the center.
- Launch the “Create Ringtones!” app. When the app launches, you’ll be presented with a menu that offers different options. Selecting “Music Ringtone” will lead you on your way to creating ringtones for your iPhone. Your music library will appear, select a song from the list and it will automatically load into the ringtone creator.
- Using the various controls, customize your ringtone. You can move the slider to select where you want your ringtone to begin and end. You can monitor what you’re ringtone will sound like by pressing the play button with brackets around it at the bottom of the screen. You can even add fades to the beginning and ending of your ringtone, and you can also customize how long the fades last!
- When you’re satisfied with your ringtone, select the floppy disk icon at the bottom of the screen. This is the Save button, and it will save the ringtone to your phone’s memory. You will have to wait a few moments for the ringtone to process and save, but once it is finished, the phone will make a dinging sound.
- Connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable. With iTunes installed, the computer will recognize the iPhone and begin syncing the phone. Once the phone is finished syncing, select in the left pane of iTunes.
- Once you’re looking at the interface for your iPhone in iTunes, select the Ringtones tab. Make sure that “Sync Ringtones” is checked and that “All Ringtones” is ticked.
- Select the Apps tab at the top now. This is where you can control a lot of your apps, customize the way your home screen looks, and much more. Scroll down the page look for the section titled “File Sharing.” Underneath, you’ll see a list of apps that have files that you can transfer to your PC. Select the “Rintones!” option.
- A list of ringtones that you’ve created will appear in the box at the right. Using your mouse, drag and drop the ringtone(s) to your desktop or another directory on your computer.
- Look in the left pane of iTunes for the section titled “Library” and select “Ringtones” under it. This is where you’ll need to place the ringtones you just copied to use them on your phone. Open up the directory or desktop where you saved your ringtones, and drag them into the Ringtones area.
- When your ringtones are all copied into this area, select your iPhone from the left pane once more in iTunes. All you will need to do is select “Sync” in the lower right-hand corner of the program. This will complete the process of syncing your new ringtone(s) over to the device.
- Once it’s finished, you can use the ringtones in the settings of your phone!Navigate to your ringtones on your phone and set whichever one you want to your default!