Cricket Bowling Tips
There are many different ways of bowling in cricket, but these cricket bowling tips will help to improve your basic technique. With some practice you may also be able to increase your speed. In order to be a good cricket bowler, you need to have a combination of the right technique and the right abilities.
To Cricket bowl you will need:
- a cricket ball
- running speed
- a wicket
- Keep the seam vertical. The basic grip in cricket bowling is to keep the seam vertical when you hold the ball. Keep your index finger and your middle finger on either side of the seam, and rest your thumb on the seam under the ball.
- Have a smooth approach. As you approach the ball when cricket bowling, your speed should be steady and consistent. As you get closer increase your strides,
- Watch the head position. Keep your head steady when cricket bowling. You also need to keep it level, and always keep looking toward the target.
- Keep your hips and shoulders parallel. This will help to keep everything heading in the same direction and towards the target.
- Pull the front arm down. To complete the delivery make sure you pull your front arm all the way down and through the area of the target. Always follow all the way through.
- Stay in shape. It is important to be in good physical condition in order to be successful at cricket bowling. Running several times a week will keep your cardiovascular system strong. A weight lifting program will keep your muscles strong which will also help to improve your game.