Heres a Cricut home decor how-to for all the Cricut fans out there. The Cricut personal cutting machine has opened up a whole new world for craft lovers and home decor fans alike, but exactly how can you make a home decor statement with a Cricut? Vinyl wall quotes are quickly becoming a popular fashion statement in homes. Using a few simple tools, the Cricut does the work and you take the credit!
You will need:
- Cricut Personal Cutting Machine
- Cricut lettering/font cartridge
- Sheets of Vinyl (preferably 8.5 by 11 inches)
- Scotch tape
- Choose a favorite quote or mantra, a font, and a font size. Surfing the web can help give you ideas, or come up with a unique one with your family, friends, or roommates.
- Select the cartridge with your font. Set the size using the screen adjustments on your Cricut.
- Insert the vinyl onto the feed tray and select “cut.” Repeat this step until all the letters in your quote have been completed, using as many sheets of vinyl as necessary.
- Place the letters on the wall space temporarily with a small strip of tape. Adjust them as needed until you have the layout of your quote in place.
- Trace the letters with a pencil and remove the vinyl cut-out from the wall.
- One at a time, remove the paper backings from the vinyl starting at the top, exposing the adhesive and placing inside your tracing. Use a ruler, press the vinyl to the wall as you remove the rest of the backing to prevent air bubbles from forming. Repeat until all letters are attached. Allow 30 minutes for adhesive to dry (unless otherwise noted on vinyl packaging).
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!