For all you soccer lovers, picking only 10 of the Cristiano Ronaldo's best moments may seem like a tiny list, so let’s hope we’re not letting out some important ones. This amazing Portuguese soccer player is considered one of the top in the world, and is popular not only for his notorious soccer abilities but also his great looks. So here, some of the best moments the stunning career of Cristiano Ronaldo.
- His first contract with Manchester United was worth £12.24 million. It was with this club that Ronaldo started his worldwide recognition.
- In the season 2004-2005, Cristiano Ronaldo made his first goal with the Manchester United against the Southampton FC, in that season he had a great performance with nine goals in total.
- Thanks to his contributions to the team and performance in general, by 2006 he was considered among the top sportsman in Portugal.
- By 2007, Cristiano Ronaldo was chosen to advertise the "Pro Evolution Soccer", a very popular video game also known as Winning Eleven.
- He was distinguished as the best player at the Premier League two years on a row, 2007 and 2008. He also got the recognition of best Portuguese Player of those two years.
- Because of his great performance, by 2007-2008, Ronaldo had won the Golden Ball award and became the FIFA World Player in 2008.
- By 2003, Cristiano Ronaldo was already playing for the Portuguese soccer team, but it was in 2008 that he became captain of the national team.
- His performance in the Euro cup 2008 was memorable, with 8 goals and a media of 29,41 km/h., he was among the top players.
- In 2009, he transferred from Manchester United to the Spanish team Real Madrid for £80 million, the most expensive transfer in the history of soccer.
- Cristiano Ronaldo's debut at Real Madrid was considered as one of the best stars in the history of the team.
Cristiano Ronaldo seems to have a brilliant future ahead. Though his performance in the South African world cup was short and with no memorable moments, we still hope he’ll surprise us in the nearby future.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Ebola, Brad Pitt, and giant spiders.