Being a cross trainer benefits the entire body. This is because cross training involves doing a number of different exercises. Not only does the body benefit from cardiovascular fitness routines, but it also benefits from other strength training and resistance training exercises.
If you want to get physically fit, be toned and have a well-balanced body then cross training is the right type of training for you. Boredom also becomes less of an issue when you are a cross trainer. This is because cross trainer benefits the ability to be versatile in your fitness routine.
Cross training benefits overall health because muscle confusion is a big part of this routine. You obtain the benefits of sweating, and improving fat burning techniques by working various muscle groups through different types of exercises. Follow the guide below to find out how you can take advantage of cross trainer benefits.
How to be a Cross Trainer- Benefits for the Entire Body
- Exercise on an elliptical trainer for about 10 minutes. You can also run 1 mile, walk 1 mile or do aerobic activity for about 10 minutes.
- Allow the heart rate to slow down for about 5 minutes. Now start doing lunges, squats or lifting weights. Do three sets of 12-15 reps on each leg.
- Depending on your fitness level, you can also add weights to your lunges or squats. This will increase your heart rate quite a bit and burn more fat. Start out with no weights and work you way up after a few weeks.
Once this is completed, do another form of cardiovascular exercise. You can begin walking on a treadmill, run or exercise on the elliptical trainer. Do this exercise for about 10 minutes.
Now move on to another form of strength training. You can do bent over rows, lateral raises, or bicep curls. Do three sets of 12-15 reps of one of these exercises.
- Get back on the treadmill or elliptical trainer and exercise for 10 more minutes. Use different speeds and inclines. This will allow the heart to work at different levels and allow you to burn more fat.
- After 10 minutes is completed, allow the heart rate to slow down. Cool down for five more minutes. Cooling down is important because it helps prevent any type of muscle strain or pulled muscles after a workout.
Follow this routine at least 3-4 times a week and alternate muscles groups and exercises. Soon you will see why cross trainer benefits the entire body. You will also notice changes in your body, plus have more energy in the process.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.