Cutest Dog Breeds
The cutest dog breeds include a wide variety of adorable canine breeds that are sure to put a smile across your face. While it can be hard to say what is cute to one person and what's cute to another, this list contains the breeds that are overall rated or considered some of the most adorable dog breeds. No matter what your personal taste in dog breeds is, you are sure to find a breed below that will suit you just fine.
- Chihuahua. The Chihuahua is a Mexican breed, and is also the smallest breed in the canine family. Other than being tiny and adorable, the Chihuahua is an energetic, friendly, sociable, and lovable dog that can make even the toughest of hearts melt. This breed can vary widely in color, and generally ranges from six to eleven inches in height. You can also choose between a long-haired or short-haired Chihuahua, depending on personal preference.
- Pug. The Pug has a face that no one can resist, and you just can't help but love these wrinkly, short dogs. The Pug has Chinese origins, but this popular dog breed is a loved and adored breed all across the world. Typically, a Pug will be either black, tan, or brown in color, and can have multiple coat colors at the same time.
- Pomeranian. The Pomeranian is a cute breed that is similar to the Chihuahua in size and stature, but with quite a bit more fluff and hair. The "Pom Pom" is considered a toy breed, and can range widely in colors, such as white, tan, brown, and even black. They also have a relatively long life expectancy, which can range from ten to sixteen years.
- Shih Tzu. One of the most adorable dog breeds on the list, the Shih Tzu is a small and sturdy little dog that can make an excellent companion. This breed is also known for its long and flowing coat of hair, which many owners decide to keep trimmed short for hygiene reasons. Shih Tzus vary widely in size and color, and are very alert and energetic when the mood hits them.
- French Bulldog. The French Bulldog is an absolutely adorable dog breed that is a favorite among many dog lovers. Sporting a wrinkly face and a cute expression, this breed will capture your heart the minute you lay eyes on it. The "Frenchie" has short and stumpy legs that look pleasantly awkward with his sturdy, bulky body, which is another reason why we love this breed!
- Beagle. What's not to love about the Beagle? This is a medium-sized cute dog breed with long, floppy ears and an intelligent personality. Like the Bloodhound, the Beagle has a very intense and sharp sense of smell, and can pick up scents from acres away. They are also known for their very loyal, affectionate, and gentle demeanor, making the Beagle an excellent choice for a family pet.
- Golden Retriever. The largest breed on this list of cute dog breeds, the Golden Retriever is one of the most gentle and friendly dogs in existence. This breed is a beautiful golden or reddish-gold in color, and has big, loving eyes that can make anyone smile. When many think of "cute" dog breeds, they think of smaller breeds, but cuteness is about the personality, too. This is why the Golden Retriever makes our list of the cutest dog breeds.