Dave Matthews lyrics are deceptively good. He's such a distinctive singer, you sometimes may miss the wisdom he's putting out in song. So, below are ten examples of Dave Matthews lyrics you might have let slip by the first time areound.
- Song: “Crush.” Quote: “From the dark side we can see the glow of something bright." These words from "Crush" remind us the hope is sometimes right around the corner, if we can only hold on.
- Song: “Lie In Our Graves.” Quote: "I can't believe that we would lie in our graves, dreaming of things that might have been…" Nobody wants to face death. However, fewer still want to die with regrets. This Dave Matthews lyric speaks out against wasting one's life.
- Song: “Two Step.” Quote: "Celebrate we will cause life is short but sweet for certain." It's a common theme in Dave Matthews' lyrics to make the best of life while we can. These words for "Two Step" do just that.
- Song: “Spoon.” Quote: "Maybe I'm crazy, but laughing out loud makes the pain pass by." Reader's Digest informed us that laughter's the best medicine. These Dave Matthews lyrics reinforce that thought.
- Song: “#40.” Quote: "A friend is always good to have, but a lover's kiss is better than angels raining down at me." Friends are necessary, this song reminds us, but there's nothing like finding a good lover.
- Song: “True Reflections.” Quote: "Find your inspiration, it's deep inside you, amend your situation, your whole life's ahead of you." These Dave Matthews lyrics remind us that sometimes wee need to look down inside ourselves to fine out ture selves.
- Song:”Pig.” Quote: "Look, here we are, on this starry night staring into space, I must say I feel as small as dust lying down here." There's something amazing about nature. It's even more cool to be with the one you love, staring up at the starry sky.
- Song: “Best of What's Around.” Quote: "Hey my friend, it seems your eyes are troubled. Care to share your time with me?" These words say what we often want to tell someone who looks down.
- Song: “Ants Marching.” Quote: "We look at each other, wondering what the other is thinking, but we never say a thing, and these crimes between us grow deeper." Sometimes, the worst thing said is the thing unsaid. Thats what this Dave Matthews lyric suggests.
- Song: “Typical Situation.” Quote: "It's a typical situation in these typical times, too many choices." Choice is a good thing. Too much choice, however, is overwhelming. This Dave Matthews lyric reminds us of that fact.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?