David Wright Stats
David Wright stats showcase a player with the potential to become one of Major League Baseball’s all-time greats. Since entering the league in 2004, Wright has set up residence as the third baseman for the New York Mets. He’s padded his stats with his power, speed and defensive capabilities, developing himself into a genuine all-around threat.
- Games David Wright’s capacity as an everyday player is evidenced in his game totals. From 2004 through 2010, he appeared in 1,004 games. During that stretch, he hit the 160 mark during three seasons, only failing to make triple-digits in his rookie year.
- Batting Average Wright’s consistency at the plate has resulted in some solid batting average numbers from year to year. Through the 2010 season, he only twice finished the year with less than a .300 average. Seasons like 2007 are more indicative of Wright’s potential in this stat, when he posted a career-high .325 average.
- Hits David Wright stats like this show his ability as a contact hitter. Through 2010, Wright collected 1,149 hits, posting season totals above 160 in all but his rookie year. He nearly passed the mythical 200 mark in 2007, when he finished with a career-best 196.
- Doubles With a career total of 258 doubles through the 2010 season, Wright is an extra-base threat every time he steps into the batter’s box. Throughout his MLB tenure, his numbers in this stat have stayed consistent. Wright even managed 17 doubles during his 69-game rookie season.
- Triples A tricky stat to obtain, triples as much a product of luck as they are well-placed hitting. Still, David Wright has popped his share of three-baggers, netting 16 through the 2010 season. His best year for triples was 2006, when he managed a total of five.
- Home Runs Though his numbers in this stat aren’t necessarily huge, David Wright’s home run totals are a testament to his power-hitting ability. Through 2010, he accumulated 169 home runs. His career best 33 round-trippers came in 2008, a number standing in contrast to his off-year total of 10 in 2009.
- Stolen Bases Of all David Wright stats, his steals best showcase his speed and situational intelligence. Wright nabbed 138 bases through 2010, though his year-to-year totals are somewhat erratic. From a player capable of a career-high 34 steals in 2007, his 2008 total of 15 seems out of place.
- Runs Batted In With runners in scoring position, Wright seems to be even more lethal at the plate. He amassed 664 RBI through 2010, with his best year coming in 2008 when he posted 124. During that time, there were only two seasons when Wright missed a triple-digit total in this stat.
- Runs A familiar fixture on the base paths, David Wright is no stranger to crossing home plate. His 639 runs through 2010 legitimize him as an invaluable asset to the Mets organization. Wright’s career-high season for this stat was 2008, when he scored 115 times.
- Awards Major League Baseball hasn’t failed to notice David Wright’s stats on the field. In 2007 and 2008, he won both the Rawlings Gold Glove and the Silver Slugger Award. He was Player of the Month in June 2006, then repeated the feat exactly four years later. Through 2010, he was a five-time All-Star selection.