Day Of The Dead Recipes
The day of the dead recipes that are a must are the traditional ones that your grandmother taught you when you were a child. Here is one that has been passed down to you today for the day of the dead. Gather the ingredients and make this traditional recipe.
Mexican Bread of the dead
What you need
• 3 cups of flour
• 1 package of dry yeast
• 2 eggs
• ¼ cup of milk
• ¼ cup of warm water
• ¼ cup of butter
• 2 tablespoons of sugar
• ¼ cup of cinnamon
• ½ cup of anise seed
• 1 medium saucepan
• 1 large bowl
• 1 towel
In the saucepan, you must boil the milk.
- Add the butter, salt and sugar.
- In the bowl pour the water and add the yeast
- Take the egg and separate out the egg
- Add the egg to the flour and other ingredients to make the dough
- Knead the dough and shape into a ball
- Cover the ball with a towel
- Allow that to sit for an hour and a half
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Separate into three rolls and a ball
- Place 1 rope of dough on a greased and floured cookie sheet
- Place another rope on top of the first one
Repeat with the last rope
Pinch the ends together on one end
- Twist the ropes into the shape of a rope.
- Pinch the final end.
- Now make two bones by taking two pieces of dough and shaping them into a bone shape. (Think dog bone.)
- Place those to the side of the rope.
- Take butter and melt it
- Add that to the top of the bread just before placing it in h oven
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes
Cool and serve for your guests.