Deactivate Facebook Account
How to deactivate Facebook account can seem much more difficult than it actually is. In reality, it is actually very simple and won’t take much longer then a few minutes. Just make sure you remember your password and it should only take a few minutes.
What you will need:
- Internet connect
- Account Password
- A few minutes of time
- Step 1 – Log on Open your computer and log on to Facebook. You have to be logged on to the site to deactivate your account. Make sure your internet connection is solid; if it drops in the middle you will have to start all over again.
- Step 2 – Account In the upper right corner of you Facebook home page you will see a button, ‘Account’. Clock on it and it will open a small side bar. There are five options; select the second, ‘Account Settings’.
- Step 3 – Deactivate Your account settings page will open with optional changes you can make to your account. At the very bottom of the list is ‘Deactivate Account’. Click on the lowercase ‘deactivate’ across from ‘Deactivate Account’.
- Step 4 – Reason for Leaving After clicking on deactivate you will be taken to a new page. There will be pictures from friends trying to persuade you to stay and it will ask for your Reason for Leaving and you will have to select one before you can continue. Select which ever reason fits and the check the Email Opt Out box below. If you do not check this box you will continue to receive emails from Facebook. Once this is done, click the blue button reading ‘Confirm’.
- Step 5 – Password After clicking confirm a box will open asking for your password. Enter your password to continue. This is a security measure to make sure the person closing the account is the person the account belongs to.
- Step 6 – Security Check After entering the correct password the box will change and offer you a security check. Type the two words into the text box below the image and click the blue ‘Submit’ button.
After this the page will change to the original Facebook page with a note at the top explaining that your account has been deactivated and how you can reactivate your account at any time. Congratulations, your account has been deactivated!