Decorative Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes
Here are some decorative Thanksgiving dessert recipes. You can give your Thanksgiving spread a little pizzazz by making decorative desserts. Add a little zing with an easy decorated pie or some simple elegance with a berry pound cake platter. Try these easy decorative Thanksgiving dessert recipes:
What you'll need:
For Berry Pound Cake Platter:
- your choice of berries (strawberries, blackberries, raspberries or blueberries), washed and ready to serve
- a purchased or homemade pound cake
- purchased or homemade whipped cream
- large decorative platter
For the pie:
- homemade or purchased pumpkin pie, baked and cooled
- homemade or purchased whipped cream
- a piping bag
- Prepare the pound cake. Slice the pound cake into portion-sized pieces, at least an inch thick. Place the dessert on the serving platter in a decorative manner
- Add the berries. Berries are a perfect addition to a pretty Thanksgiving dessert, adding color and flavor. Add your preferred berries to the platter, piling them up in a decorative manner between the slices of cake.
- Add the whipped cream. Carefully add the whipped cream to the platter, placing large dollops to fill in between the berries and cake. Artfully add a bit of cream to a few of the slices of cake and piles of berries until you have created an attractive Thanksgiving dessert.
- Decorate the pie. Place the whipped cream for the pie into the piping bag. Carefully pipe generous rosettes of cream onto the pie in an orderly pattern. If you enjoy a lot of whipped cream, cover the entire Thanksgiving dessert with the piped cream rosettes. If you prefer a little less cream, pipe the cream in a circle around the outside of the pie, next to the crust.