Delete Facebook Account
If you have opened a Facebook account and regretted it for whatever reason, you may want to know how to delete a Facebook account. This is a pretty simple process, assuming you at least know your way around your computer and the Facebook website. Be sure you actually want to go through with this process before actually doing it because you will be inconvenienced if you delete your Facebook account and want it back later.
What you will need:
- A Facebook account to deactivate
- A computer with an internet connection
- Start by logging into your Facebook account. If you have forgotten how to do this, simply go to Facebook.com and look at the top right of the screen. Enter your email address and your password. You can now explore your account and, more importantly, delete that Facebook account.
- Look to the top right of your screen on your Facebook account homepage. You should see the word "Account" with an arrow by it. Click "Account" and look through the choices; click the account settings option to get to the option to delete your Facebook account.
- On the account settings screen, look to the bottom and you should see "Deactivate Account." Press this link to go to the screen where you will actually be able to delete your Facebook account and any links you may have.
- After you have selected the deactivate account button, you will be on the final screen you need to delete your Facebook account. It will ask you for a reason for leaving, which you have to select at least one choice. It will also have a box for email opt out which means you can still receive invites for certain things from your friends unless you check this box. You can now click confirm and delete that apparently pesky Facebook account!