When you are shopping, there are department store shopping: 10 tips you should follow to ensure you have a successful shopping trip. Not only should department store shopping be fun, but it should never seem overwhelming. These 10 tips will help you get the most out of your department store shopping trip.
- The first tip is to dress for success. One of the most important tips is to dress for comfort when you are department store shopping. Since you are going to be on your feet, it’s a good idea to wear a good pair of tennis shoes. Wear clothing that is comfortable and not too tight.
- Know the layout of the department store. It makes your shopping trip much easier if you know where the different departments are located. You don’t want to have to make ten trips up and down the escalator because you don’t know where a specific department is located. Plus, it saves you a lot of time, and time is money.
- Pay attention to store ads and coupons. Look for the department store flier in the newspaper or online to see current advertisements. Sometimes you can even find a coupon to make your shopping trip more worthwhile.
- Try to shop when it’s least crowded. Shopping during the week is the best time to shop. The weekend is usually when department stores are crowded and hard to navigate. Going in the early morning or later at night is usually also a better time to shop at department stores.
- Ask sales associates about special promotions. Sometimes there are deals you can find that aren’t advertised. There may even be a coupon the clerk can let you use if you don’t already have one.
- Apply for the department store credit card. You can usually save a certain percentage just by opening a store credit card. Once you have a store credit card, you will receive special offers that the store only gives to card holders.
- Don’t forget to browse the sale racks. If you are shopping on a budget, the sale racks are a great place to find bargains in department stores. If you find items on sale, you can stretch your shopping budget even farther.
- Always try on clothing. You may already have three of the same shirt in different colors, but it's still a good idea to try the fourth shirt on. You will save yourself a trip back to the department store if you try before you buy.
- Take a break for lunch. You need fuel to shop and shopping on an empty stomach is never good. Make sure you take some time out to stop at the food court to grab a bite to eat while you are shopping.
- The last, very important tip, is to know return policies. It’s always a good idea to know the department store’s return policies. You may decide you don’t want what you’ve purchased and you don’t want to be stuck with it. Make sure you know how many days you have to return an item and always hang on to your receipt.
If you do open a department store credit card, make sure to read over all of the terms of the agreement. You do not want to be stuck paying penalty fees or have an outrageous percentage rate. Department store credit cards can be very useful, but just make sure you don't charge more than you can pay back.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.