When looking for sources for influential determination quotes, three arenas come to mind that necessitate determination – politics, sporting competitions, and game shows. As diverse as these institutions are, there is a "win or lose" struggle at hand with each that can either affect one person, a small group, or an entire nation. These five individuals all have the experience required to provide us wise determination quotes that we all can benefit from.
- Alex Trebek: "Don't tell me what you believe in. I'll observe how you behave and I will make my own determination." This determination quote makes a strong argument for the idea of: "show and prove." Talking about what we want to achieve is much easier then the steps it takes to bring it to fruition. And on the receiving end of this conversation, witnessing someone's actions provides much more truth than listening to the person speak passionately about it.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt: "Not only our future economic soundness but the very soundness of our democratic institutions depends on the determination of our government to give employment to idle men." Roosevelt's determination quote rings especially true in the wake of the recent economic recession that has affected millions of citizens. As the cliché goes, "there is strength in numbers", and with so many people unable to properly support themselves above the poverty level, our society and overall quality of living is weakened. Unfortunately crime increases when there are too many of what Roosevelt refers to as "idle men" without a means for economic gain.
- Tommy Lasorda: "The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination." We are all capable of making our dreams a reality when two things are in proper alignment – opportunity and determination. After the hurdles of opportunities and resources are overcome, the amount of dedication that an individual instills into reaching their goal will be the true measuring stick for success. Lasorda's quote illustrates an encouraging mantra for determination that will motivate anyone in any industry.
- Vince Lombardi: "The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand."Whether someone is managing a restaurant or cleaning one, being determined to give our best effort is the essence of building success. If we merely give as little effort as possible to complete our job, do we deserve to be promoted to one with even more responsibility, and money? The answer is – of course not. Lombardi's quote about determination also provides a means to generate stronger self-discipline and self-esteem.
- Lebron James:"To all the positions, I just bring the determination to win. Me being an unselfish player, I think that can carry on to my teammates. When you have one of the best players on the court being unselfish, I think that transfers to the other players."When you are one of the greatest basketball players in the National Basketball Association, determination is without a doubt one of the key contributions to your success. With his determination quote, Lebron James provides us with insight into his well-documented domination among the ranks of professional athletes. Team work goes hand-in-hand with determination because it forces us to remain humble to achieve the greater good – which in James' line of work is winning games.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Beer Brain: Sam Adams’ Kosmic Mother Funk
This private-reserve beer drinks like a fine port or brandy.
10 Social-Media Problems Ello Solves
From privacy to nudity—why the Anti-Facebook's time has come.