Detox Diets For Weight Loss
Learn how to use detox diets for weight loss and shed excess pounds while also ridding the body of accumulated toxins. Detox diets are an effective way to lose weight quickly, but it is important to use them safely and responsibly. Drinking plenty of fluids and having cleaning fluids and foods will supply the body with valuable nutrients while improving digestive well-being, eliminating toxins and of course, losing weight.
To do a detox diet for weight loss you will need:
- Approximately one gallon of clean water for each day of detoxing
- Fresh fruits and vegetables for fresh juices
- Green tea and cleansing herbal teas such as peppermint, red clover and dandelion
- Miso soup
- Vegetable broth
- Start detoxing early. When doing detox diets it is important to use the day before detoxing to start the process. This isn't the time to eat a steak and fries for dinner, knowing you won't be doing heavy eating for the next few days. Use the day before to eat light, such as brown rice and tofu, eat lots of fiber from fruits and vegetables and finish the day with a green salad and a cup of cleansing herbal tea such as peppermint and red clover.
- Wake up and cleanse. The best way to start a weight loss detox diet is to wake up with a cleansing drink of one fresh lemon or lime in a glass of water. This will support the liver, which helps to metabolize fats. Next, have a cup of green tea, followed by a glass of fresh carrot, apple, or papaya juice mid-morning. You can also blend a variety of fruits or vegetables. All berries, pineapple and pears are also good cleansing fruits. Beets, cucumbers, parsley and greens are all excellent vegetables to blend for detoxing juices.
- Have lunch. Yes, even with weight loss detox diets you can still have lunch. If a liquid diet is too difficult, or if you are detoxing for more than one or two days, have a green salad, yogurt or a cup of brown rice. If only detoxing for a day, try a cup of miso soup or a mug of warm vegetable broth.
- In the afternoon. Throughout the afternoon, have another glass of fresh fruit or vegetable juice and a cup of cleansing tea. Try dandelion root tea with a little honey. Dandelion also supports the liver and helps to remove excess fluids and waste from the body.
- In the evening. Have another serving of brown rice, salad or yogurt, or have miso soup or vegetable broth. Whatever you had for your detox diet lunch, have something different for dinner. Before going to bed have another cup of peppermint and red clover tea.
- Repeat. One day of detoxing for weight loss once a month is enough to help support digestive help and shed extra water and waste from the body. Routine detox diets will not only help you lose excess weight, but they also will leave you feeling more energized as your digestive system will be able to work more efficiently. You can also repeat this detox for up to three to four days, every three to six months.
While detox diets can be helpful for weight loss and well-being, it is important to talk to your doctor first, especially if you have any medical conditions. Also, never do a detox diet on days that you are planning on being very physically active. This is a way to improve your health, not take away from it; be sure to have plenty of water, fruits, vegetables and even other foods while detoxing to supply your body with enough nutrients.