Dexamethasone is generally safe used to treat medical conditions but dexamethasone side effects can occur. Dexamethasone, also generically known as decadron and hexadrol is prescribed to handle medical issues including arthritis, immune system disorders, allergic reactions, certain skin and eye conditions, breathing problems, certain bowel disorders, and certain cancers. It is also used diagnostically for Cushing's syndrome. Additionally, this drug may also be used to thwart queasiness and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy
- Physical side effects of Dexamethasone. Physical side effects of Dexamethasone can include stomach upset, headache, lightheadedness, larger appetite, and weight gain. If any of these Dexamethasone side effects arise, check with your health care professional.
- Mental side effects of Dexamethasone. Mental side effects of Dexamethasone include trouble sleeping, severe mood swings, depression, anxiety, and the inability to focus. Again, if any of these dexamethasone side effects arise, check with your health care professional.
- Allergic side effects of Dexamethasone. A severe allergic response to dexamethasone is uncommon. Nonetheless, seek out health attention if you notice any symptoms of an allergic reaction. Typical side effects to a Dexamethasone allergic reaction include a skin irritation, itching and swelling, particularly in the face, tongue and throat, severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
- Additional side effects of Dexamethasone. Dexamethasone may cover signs of infection or put you at a higher risk of contracting a severe infection. Inform your doctor of injuries or signs of infection that occurs during treatment. These signs include a constant sore throat and cough, a burning while urinating, muscle aches and fever. If you have been taking this medication for a while, long term side effects may include a lower level of natural hormones and trouble controlling blood sugar levels.
- Reducing side effects to Dexamethasone. Speak with your health care provider about making changes to your daily life that can reduce the side effects of Dexamethasone. These activities include weight-bearing exercise, nutritional changes including controlling salt and sugar intake along with getting the proper ratio of vitamins and minerals in your daily diet.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."