Different Types Of Lawyers
Want to learn about the different types of lawyers? There are as many different types of lawyers as there are lawsuits. Chances are, if you have a complex, specialized legal matter, there is an attorney who specializes in your area of need. Although many lawyers are in “general practice,” before seeking out counsel, it is good to research the different types of lawyers available to you so you can get the best possible representation.
- Criminal lawyers. There are two different types of lawyers in the criminal field: defense attorneys and prosecutors, which are also known as state attorneys. Criminal lawyers may deal with misdemeanors or felonies, DUIs, white collar crimes, drug cases, or homicides.
- Family lawyer. One of the most common types of lawyers is the family lawyer. Family attorneys handle divorces, paternity suits, child custody cases, adoptions, and prenuptial agreements.
- Real estate lawyers. One of the types of lawyers that the average, law-abiding Joe may need to retain is a real estate attorney. Real estate lawyers can help you negotiate issues relating to the sale or purchase of property and assist you with landlord and tenancy issues, such as evictions and lease disputes.
- Civil litigators. In the legal field, there are several different types of civil lawyers, who file and defend against civil lawsuits. They may handle cases related to personal injury, product liability, breach of contract, or medical malpractice.
- Bankruptcy attorneys. Bankruptcy attorneys can assist private citizens and corporations who are in debt and cannot fulfill their financial obligations. They can advise you on how to stop creditor harassment, prepare your bankruptcy paperwork, and assist you during the proceedings.
- Employment lawyers. Employment attorneys help persons who have been wrongfully terminated from their jobs, who are harassed at work, or are having problems obtaining proper compensation and benefits.