Different Types Of Planes
In the aviation world, there are several different types of planes. These planes differ in use, shape and design. Most often different planes are classified according to the purpose for which they will be used.
- A commercial transport plane, also known as a commercial plane, is used to transport either cargo or people. They are the largest of all the different types of planes and can fly 500 to 600 miles per hour. Most commercial planes have four engines, but some may have as many as eight.
- A different type of plane used for training pilots and taking aerial photos is the general aviation plane. This different type of plane usually has only one engine. This was the type of plane that Charles Lindbergh used to cross the Atlantic.
- Military planes consist of several types of planes used for the defense of a country. This type of plane is the most advanced and the fastest used by people. A military plane can carry cargo, people and weapons at the same time, making it a different type of plane from others that carry either people or cargo.
- Sea planes are also known as boat planes. These different planes do not have a jet engine and can land on water or land. Sea planes are used when transporting cargo and people to remote areas of the world; this is what makes them different from other types of planes.
- Planes that are used for purposes other than transportation are called special purpose planes. These planes are used most often by the Forestry Department to help put out fires. They have cargo areas that carry special materials and supplies.
Posted on: Sep. 27, 2010