Make a boring Tuesday night fun by trying one of these dirt pudding recipes. Dirt pudding earned its name because it actually looks like you are eating a bowl of rich dark dirt. Once you learn to make dirt pudding, the fun begins when you create unique ways to serve it. For instance, wash out a clay pot, cover the hole with an Oreo cookie, add pudding, cover with crushed Oreo cookies, and stick a handful of silk or plastic flowers in the center. In minutes, your diners are eating the best tasting ugly dirt from a flower pot. Dirt pudding makes for great fun.
To make dirt pudding, you will need:
- 1 – 8 ounce package Oreos
- 2 boxes instant vanilla pudding, small
- 3 cups milk
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Crush the Oreo cookies for dirt pudding. Crush the Oreo cookies in a blender on high or place them in a plastic zip bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Mix the pudding. Add the milk to the vanilla pudding mix. Whisk the pudding until it begins to thicken.
- Combine butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and cool whip in a large bowl. Blend until smooth then add to the pudding and mix thoroughly.
- Make the dirt pudding. Place half of the crushed Oreos in the bottom of a 9 by 13 inch pan and spread evenly. Spoon the pudding mixture over the layer of crushed Oreos and spread evenly. Cover the layer of pudding with the rest of the crushed Oreos. Place in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
Pudding Dirt Cups
To make pudding dirt cups, you will need:
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding, small
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 16 ounces Oreo cookies, crushed
- Clear plastic drink cups
- Crush the Oreo cookies for dirt pudding. Place the cookies in a blender on high until they are crushed. Another method is to place the cookies in a large plastic zip bag, expel the excess air, seal the bag, and roll a rolling pin over the bag until the cookies are crushed.
- Make the instant pudding. Combine milk and instant pudding mix in a large bowl and whisk until the pudding thickens. Add the Cool Whip and half the crushed Oreos to the pudding and blend thoroughly to make the dirt pudding.
- Make pudding dirt cups. Spread a teaspoon of crushed Oreos in the bottom of a cup. Spoon in pudding until the cup is ¾ full. Sprinkle crushed Oreos over the pudding. Decorate with gummy worms, nuts, or your favorite candy pieces.
Tips and Warnings:
- You can use just about any flavor of instant pudding in a dirt pudding recipe.
- Dirt pudding cups are great for kid's parties.
- Keep dirt pudding refrigerated until serving and don’t leave it out of the refrigerator for more than 10 minutes.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.