If you’re a martini lover then you need to have a perfect dirty martini recipe in your martini repertoire . Dirty martinis are all the rage these days, and knowing how to make one will make you a popular host. Keep reading for easy instructions that will teach you the play by play for making a delicious dirty martini.
To make a dirty martini you’ll need the following items and ingredients:
- Martini glass
- 2 oz. vodka or gin
- 1/2 oz. dry vermouth
- 3/4 oz. olive juice from a jar of olives
- Cocktail shaker with strainer
- 3 large stuffed green olives
- Chill your glass. A dirty martini is best when it’s served ice cold. To make sure that your drink stays at a perfectly icy temperature, put your martini glass in the freezer for a few minutes before you’re ready to pour and serve your drink.
- Pour your liquor. Into a metal cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour 2 oz of high quality vodka or gin, ½ oz of dry vermouth and ¾ oz of olive juice. Don't use those premade "olive juices". For the best olive flavor use olive juice directly from a bottle of high quality green olives.
- Shake what your mama gave you. Shake your liquid ingredients (in a dirty manner if that’s the type of thing you like) for thirty seconds. Strain the dirty martini into your chilled martini glass.
- Garnish and enjoy. The garnish is the best part of this dirty martini recipe. Stick three large stuffed olives on a toothpick and drop them carefully into your glass. These days there are a multitude of different tasty stuffed olives available. Check out your local liquor store, or specialty market for olives stuffed with everything from garlic cloves to blue cheese.