If you’re a martini lover then you need to have a perfect dirty martini recipe in your martini repertoire . Dirty martinis are all the rage these days, and knowing how to make one will make you a popular host. Keep reading for easy instructions that will teach you the play by play for making a delicious dirty martini.
To make a dirty martini you’ll need the following items and ingredients:
- Martini glass
- 2 oz. vodka or gin
- 1/2 oz. dry vermouth
- 3/4 oz. olive juice from a jar of olives
- Cocktail shaker with strainer
- 3 large stuffed green olives
- Chill your glass. A dirty martini is best when it’s served ice cold. To make sure that your drink stays at a perfectly icy temperature, put your martini glass in the freezer for a few minutes before you’re ready to pour and serve your drink.
- Pour your liquor. Into a metal cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour 2 oz of high quality vodka or gin, ½ oz of dry vermouth and ¾ oz of olive juice. Don't use those premade "olive juices". For the best olive flavor use olive juice directly from a bottle of high quality green olives.
- Shake what your mama gave you. Shake your liquid ingredients (in a dirty manner if that’s the type of thing you like) for thirty seconds. Strain the dirty martini into your chilled martini glass.
- Garnish and enjoy. The garnish is the best part of this dirty martini recipe. Stick three large stuffed olives on a toothpick and drop them carefully into your glass. These days there are a multitude of different tasty stuffed olives available. Check out your local liquor store, or specialty market for olives stuffed with everything from garlic cloves to blue cheese.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Beer Brain: Sam Adams’ Kosmic Mother Funk
This private-reserve beer drinks like a fine port or brandy.
10 Social-Media Problems Ello Solves
From privacy to nudity—why the Anti-Facebook's time has come.