Relive the ride or die days of the late 1990s with these DMX songs. After the death of Tupac Shakur, DMX helped fill the void with of the thug with a heart that he left behind. But DMX was not content to be a Tupac replacement and he carved out his own niche with his distinctive growl and raw lyrics. Sadly, DMX didn’t leave is ride or die lifestyle on the streets when he hit big in the rap game. Over the years, DMX has had more than his fair share of run ins with the law; all of which have held up the release of any new material. So while no one knows when the next DMX album with drop, at least we have these DMX songs by to rock it do.
- “What these Bitches Want”(“And Then There Was X” 1999)- This was one of the first hits from the DMX album “And Then There Was X”. As bad ass as this song is it wasn’t one of DMX’s biggest hits, listening to this DMX song makes you wonder what ever happened to Sisqo and the rest of Dru Hill.
- “What’s My Name”(“And Then There Was X” 1999)- This DMX song was arguably one of the biggest hits from the “And There Was X” album.This DMX song laid out the signature beats and the rough rhyming style that would define the rest of DMX’s career. But with hindsight being 20/20, the dog fight scene in this video should have been a harbinger of trouble to come.
- “Ruff Ryders Antham”(It’s Dark and Hell is Hot” 1998)- This DMX song is the track that really put DMX and his crew on the map. It was the kind of song that made you either want to hit the dance floor or just punch someone in the face.
- “Who We Be”(“The Great Depression” 2001)- In this DMX song, DMX takes a quick break from rapping about hustling and dog fights to give a nod to the Civil Rights Movement and the challenges that face the Black community. While this song does tackle a pretty somber subject, it still had a great beat that had heads bobbing all summer.
- “Flesh of My Flesh Blood of My Blood”(“Flesh of My Flesh Blood of My Blood”1998) After putting out a few tracks that showed the softer side of DMX, this DMX song is a return to the rough ruggad and raw rhymes that made DMX awesome.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.