The "Do You Know What It Feels Like?" lyrics come from performer Enrique Iglesias. The son of famous singer Julio Iglesias. The great voice must run in the family. This song is also known as "The Ping Pong Song". It's off the album "Insomniac". The song itself is done in a pop music style with a fast tempo. An interesting choice for the tempo considering the sadness and yearning inherent in the "Do You Know What It Feels Like?" lyrics. The tempo choice does explain the song's appearance on "Billboard's Hot Dance Club Play" eventually going all the way to number three.
- "Do you know what it feels like loving someone that's in a rush to throw you away?" This one of the "Do You Know What It Feels Like?" lyrics is a knife to the heart. If you don't know what that feels like, you will. No one escapes.
- "To be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed." This one of the "Do You Know What It Feels Like?" lyrics can be taken metaphorically, or literally. The lock on the door to your lover's heart has been changed. Or maybe you got locked out of the house. One usually precludes the other.
- "If the birds flying south is a sign of changes, at least you can predict this every year." The suddenness of a change of your lover's heart can blindside you. Although, if you think about it, you'll see where this was coming up the walkway for awhile.
- "Love, you never know the minute it ends suddenly. I can't get it to speak." This one of the "Do You Know What It Feels Like?" lyrics reveals the frustration. Love will not let you in on its secret's. You ride it out and know that you'll be surprised. One way, or the other.
- "Maybe finding all the things it took to save us, I could fix the pain that bleeds inside of me." The pain that is bleeding inside is a great image. The phrase really nails it as far as how it feels.
- "Look in your eyes to see something about me, I'm standing on the edge and don't know what else to give." It's obvious how your lover feels about you by the way they look at you. Love is quickly, shockingly slipping through his fingers, and no matter how he tries, he can't hold on to it.
- "How can I love you if you just don't talk to me, Babe?" So, it's reached that point. Your lover won't even talk to you anymore? Stick a fork in it, it's done.
- "I flow through my act, this question, 'Is she needed?'" Pretending, even trying to convince yourself, that you never really needed your lover in the first place. This is when people have a tendency to get drunk and rowdy in the streets.
- "And decide all the man I can ever be, looking at the last three years like I did, I could never see us ending like this." Or ending at all. This one of the "Do You Know What It Feels Like?" lyrics really shows how dumbfounded he is about it ending.
- "Seeing your face no more on my pillow is a scene that's never happened to me." Great, detailed image about the little things you miss when your lover leaves. Things you took for granted.
- "But after this episode, I don't see. You could never tell what the next thing life will be." This one of the "Do You Know What It Feels Like?" lyrics hits the truth. You never know. You can do all the right things, and be the best person you know how to be, but there are still no guarantees.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.