Download Google Chrome
Due to its popularity, you might want to learn how to download Google Chrome. Still a fairly new browser in comparison to the ever present Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari, Google Chrome has grown in popularity over the past couple of years. Fortunately, this is by no means a difficult task, and of course, it's free.
You will need:
- internet browser
- Windows XP, Vista or 7
- Search for "Google Chrome." It might sound funny to do this when Google itself offers the browser, but if you don't know the direct URL, it's helpful. Click on the link that appears in your search. This will take you to the Google Chrome download page.
- Click the large blue download button. To the upper right hand portion of your screen, you will see a large blue button that reads "Download Google Chrome." Please not that your computer must run on the Windows operating systems XP, Vista and 7. If you have an older computer that has an operating system older than Windows XP, you will not be able to download Google Chrome.
- Follow the instructions. Depending on your operating system and the web browser you are currently using, you can either save the download or run it. Allow the Google Chrome download to conclude.
- Click on the downloaded file. If you are using Firefox or the Internet Explorer 9 browser, you will have to locate the downloaded file, or it will show up at the bottom of your screen. Click on it to run it. If you are using an older version of Internet Explorer, you can simply run the file.
- Wait for the install to conclude. Be patient and wait for the install of Google Chrome to finish. Follow all the instructions on the small window to install the program and click "Finish" when it gets to that point. You will now have Google Chrome successfully downloaded on your computer.