Downtown Austin Hotels
Downtown Austin hotels give visitors a choice of a historic inn, retro motor court or modern luxury hotel. Downtown Austin is known for its music scene, excellent restaurants and proximity to the State Capitol.
- Mansion at Judges’ Hill. Built at the turn of the last century, this elegant mansion is now a boutique Austin hotel. The colonnaded front porch and luxurious rooms are the height of Texas hospitality. The chandeliers and period furnishings make the dining room are the perfect place for an elegant meal in Austin. 1900 Rio Grande, Austin, Texas.
- Driskill Hotel. This historic landmark Austin hotel includes the original building from 1886 and an addition built in 1928. The public and private spaces have been renovated with antique furnishings in the last few years. Plush bathrobes, flat screen televisions, and luxurious bedding make for an upscale experience right on Sixth Street in downtown Austin. 604 Brazos Street, Austin, Texas.
- Stephen F. Austin Hotel. This Intercontinental hotel is located near the Capitol building in downtown Austin. Built in 1924, celebrities such as Frank Sinatra and Babe Ruth have stayed here. Get a great view of the Capitol from the terrace of the bar. 701 Congress Avenue. Austin, Texas.
- Hotel San Jose’. This hip hotel bills itself as a hip “ultramodern motor court.” Relax in a vintage butterfly chair in the gardens. Onsite bike rentals, camera loaners, typewriters for borrow and a music and video library make this a unique lodging experience in Austin. 1316 South Congress Avenue, Austin, Texas.
- Four Seasons. One of the most luxurious accommodations in Austin, the Four Seasons is situated on the shores of Lady Bird Lake. But is still close to the entertainment districts of downtown Austin and the convention center. Enjoy spa services, cocktails by the pool, or a cruise by rowboat on the lake. 98 San Jacinto Boulevard, Austin, Texas.
Posted on: May. 26, 2011