Downtown Indianapolis Restaurants
If you live or are visiting Indianapolis, you should learn about these downtown Indianapolis restaurants. The following restaurants are some of the best downtown Indianapolis restaurants. Whether you like home style meals or you want to try something more adventurous, these restaurants won't disappoint you, so be sure to stop by the next time you are in the Indianapolis area.
- Rock Bottom. Rock Bottom is a popular restaurant in downtown Indianapolis. Rock Bottom features a large selection of award winning beers; everything from light wheat beers to dark stouts. The menu at Rock Bottom is appetizers, burgers and pizza. All of these foods are ideal with beer. Rock Bottom features two floors and two different atmospheres: On the first floor is the main bar and restaurant. Tours of the brewery also take place on the first floor. There is also a sidewalk cafe (when weather permits). The second level features pool tables, Nintendo Wii, Mega Touch Bar Top Trivia and large screen televisions for watching sporting events. Rock Bottom: 10 West Washington, Indianapolis, IN 46204.
- Maxine's Chicken and Waffles. Maxine's Chicken and Waffles is a favorite downtown Indianapolis restaurant. This is the Indianapolis restaurant for you if you like traditional southern food. Maxine's Chicken and Waffles includes menu items like fried grits and fried salmon bites. The food is reasonably priced and the portions are large. Maxine's Chicken and Waffles: 132 N. East St. Indianapolis, IN
- The Saffron Cafe is known for its welcoming atmosphere and traditional bastilla and features dishes like shrimp kabobs with cilantro pesto, honey lamb with pears and ataya mint tea. 621 Fort Wayne Ave. Indianapolis, IN
- Barcelona Tapas is a unique restaurant in downtown Indianapolis. Barcelona tapas serves traditional Spanish tapas, which are essentially Spanish appetizers. Barcelona Tapas also serves a unique brunch buffet that features some traditional American brunch foods, but they combine it with options like Spanish Eggs Benedict and chorizo (a Spanish sausage). If you like green olives, you will enjoy the Aceitunas Aliñadas, which is olives marinated in olive oil, small pickles, garlic and herbs. Paella with mussels is another popular dish at Barcelona tapas. If you are feeling less adventurous, there are also salads to choose from. 201 N. Delaware St. Indianapolis, IN
- Iozzo's Garden of Italy is one of the best Italian restaurants in downtown Indianapolis and features patio dining and a non-smoking atmosphere. The fried ravioli is a popular appetizer. Iozzo's Garden of Italy also includes on the menu Antipasta plates, salads, spaghetti/meatballs and imported Italian spumoni at a reasonable price. Iozzo's Garen of Italy: 946 S. Meridian, Indianapolis, IN