If you like a great sense of wit in your hip-hop lyrics, check out these Drake quotes from songs he has released. Language can be used to offer great entertainment value when words are woven in a skillful manner. Drake proves this time and time again with these clever quotes.
- “This ain’t the life that I’m used to / Reintroduced to people I’ve been introduced to / Did you forget me? / Or are you too scared to tell me that you met me?" This brilliant tongue twister from Drake on "Paris Morton Music" captures that awkward feeling that we all have experienced when someone pretends that we have never met or when we do the pretending. Sure, they may honestly not remember us, but often are too "cool" to admit that they do because they think we forgot who they are. This is an example of what lyrics need to contain: insight on true human behavior.
- “Trying to get the green like I’m waiting at a long light? / Broke just doesn’t suit me girl and every night is prom night?" On the song "Do It All," Drake makes a point to admit wealth is something he has clearly grown accustomed to (hard to blame him). Comparing getting green dollar bills to the color of a traffic light is not just good because it makes sense. It also explains the patience that often is needed in both situations. He even makes a subtle play on the word suit, meaning suitable and a suit that you would wear.
- “Red lipstick on the wine glass / Cameras in my mind flash / Black lingerie white diamonds / What a contrast? / I know you get impatient as the time pass / You say you want it fast? / Define fast.” The song "I’m Ready For You" has Drake getting super descriptive, providing details that add up to an exciting night out. Even if you just read this quote and never heard the song, there are enough hints taking place in a fancy affair that is probably going to end up in a bedroom. These Drake quotes are spoken like a person that has clearly been in this situation plenty of times.
- “See she used to play "piana" / And now she never wait for Santa / Instead of saving for marriage / She saving for Caribana." Drake makes this statement on the song "Come Winter" about the changes a girl has gone through. She apparently grew up fast and prefers to live in the moment instead of planning for her future. Drake even makes mention of the world famous Caribana Caribbean festival that takes place in his city of Toronto, Canada every summer.
- "Man they treat me like a legend am I really this cold / I’m really too young to be feeling this old." On the song "Over" Drake gives himself a reality check, accessing his rise to fame. He makes it known that he has been through enough to add years to his young age. It is refreshing to see an artist not take themselves too seriously for a moment.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.