Drug Testing Faqs
If you are in store for a drug test, you should know about the most common drug test FAQs.These frequently asked questions include the basic information you need to know about drug tests, what you can expect and the second best way to pass them (the first being not doing drugs).
- When can I expect to be asked to take a drug test? There are a few different scenarios where you can be asked to take a drug. If you are on probation for any crime, you will have to take regulary scheduled drug tests or if there is random drug testing at your job.
- If I show up positive on a drug test, can I fight it? If you were made to take a drug test and you would like to contest the results, your best course of action is to go to a clinic on your own time and have a drug test taken. You will have to pay for the services and this can range from about $100 to $200, but if you truly don’t do drugs, it will be worth it.
- Can I cheat a drug test? This is the most important FAQ about drug testing for many! This question has so many variables because for every way to cheat a drug test, there are precautions taken by the testers to counteract these measures. Some of the most popular drugs that are supposed to get the drugs out of your system are now tested for in drug tests and will make you fail the test. The best thing you can do to avoid showing up positive on a drug test is exercise and drink lots of water. While this may sound more like a weight loss program, the excretions from your body will help rid your system of the drugs.
- How will I be tested? This is an important question for those looking to cheat a drug test. If a urine test is done, you have a much better chance of cheating the test because there are supplements to stop the drugs from showing up on the test. But if the tester has to take a hair sample, your chances of passing drop way lower than a urine test because drugs show up in hair samples for months after the last use. The answer isn't so simple. The type of test done on you depends on the facility where it is being done, so your best chance is to find out more about the company that is going to test you and ask around to see how they test.
- What are the ramifications if I show up positive for illegal substances? If you show up positive on a drug test, the punishment can be different depending on your situation. When you are on probation and you show up postive, your probation will most likely be revoked and you will be put in jail. But if you are found out at work, you will either be fired or put on suspension and given time to get clean before another test.