Drunk quotes have two main sources: the intoxicated "human spectacle" and the entertained observer. Drunks amuse people because they appear to be under an unrestrictive "truth serum" that overpowers any instinct to be politically correct. These drunk quotes all offer separate comparisons between sobriety and inebriation.
- Charlie Chaplin: "A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."People use the common excuse: "it was because I was drunk" to apologize for rude behavior or insults. But that temporary lack of oxygen to the brain allowed what they really feel to rise to the surface, according to this quote about being drunk. What they really mean to say is: " I am sorry you actually heard what I said while I was drunk."
- Joyce Brothers: "Credit buying is much like being drunk. The buzz happens immediately and gives you a lift… The hangover comes the day after." Going shopping with credit cards carries both the addictive quality of alcoholism as well as the sudden regret when you finally come to your senses. The spontaneous impulse that drives both experiences adds excitement to someone lulled by the boredom of routine. But everything has a limit, and as this drunk quote proves, when that line of excess gets crossed – disappointment is sure to follow.
- Jim Morrison: "I like any reaction I can get with my music. Just anything to get people to think. I mean if you can get a whole room full of drunk, stoned people to actually wake up and think, you're doing something." Jim Morison, the lead singer of the psychedelic rock band "The Doors", was often fueled by "liquid courage". His quote about drunkenness, which refers to his audience, explains the inherent power in getting a drunken person to think, which is the last thing they may be trying to do in their state. The drunken passion that pushes their intentions towards outward activity requires a performer of Morrison's intensity to keep their attention,
- George Burns: "It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth." This comedic quote about being drunk sums up the experience: the more drinks that are consumed, the less that drinker seems to remember. Then there seems to be that one drink that ends up being one too many. That extra drink ends up inviting you to hover over a toilet for a while to think it over.
- Johnny Depp: "When kids hit one year old, it's like hanging out with a miniature drunk. You have to hold onto them. They bump into things. They laugh and cry. They urinate. They vomit." Johnny Depp adds an unexpected twist to drunk quotes by comparing intoxication to the walk of a one year-old. As youngsters struggle to master the two-legged art of balance, there is definitely a grown man in a nearby bar trying to do the same. Bodily functions also regress back to early childhood as alcohol levels overflow.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?