Dry scalp home remedies can be a good, natural solution for those that are suffering from the pesky condition. Natural treatments can be delicate, gentle and affordable options compared to the sometimes harsh scalp conditioning products that contain parabens, sulfates, phthalates and other drying chemicals. The great thing about dry scalp home remedies is they can generally be carried out without having to leave your home (or at least by just popping down to your local grocery store or drugstore).
- Vinegar – Most people have vinegar stored away somewhere in their kitchen cabinets. Vinegar works wonders for treating dry scalps, as it is beneficial for eliminating residue due to styling products, shampoos and conditioners. Vinegar rinses can also help to replenish the hair and scalp of its natural acids, while also balancing its pH levels.
- Plain yogurt – Plain yogurt can also be another effective and simple dry scalp home remedy. Get one cup of plain yogurt and then gently massage it onto your scalp and in your hair. Make sure to do this directly after shampooing the hair as usual. Allow the yogurt to remain on the scalp and in the hair for roughly twenty minutes, and then thoroughly rinse it out. For extra moisture, consider mixing some egg whites into the yogurt.
- Olive oil – Olive oil is a common component to many kitchens, especially for people that are fond of Mediterranean cuisine. Lukewarm olive oil can work well for treating dry scalps. Simply massage your scalp with the oil, and let it remain for about fifteen minutes. This natural treatment decreases dryness while also encouraging blood flow directly to the scalp.
- Mayonnaise – Although it might sound unpleasant, mayonnaise has other uses beyond making a sandwich. Mayonnaise can work well as a moisturizer for the scalp. Simply apply the mayonnaise to your scalp and allow it to set for about fifteen minutes. Then rinse it out. This works to calm the scalp while also deeply hydrating it.
- Hot oil massage – Hot oil massages also make useful dry scalp home remedies. Heat a few drops of coconut oil in your microwave oven for about one minute. Apply the hot oil directly onto your scalp and gently massage. This can help to soothe the scalp while also relieving it from uncomfortable dry scalp symptoms, such as itchiness.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …