Dust mite bites symptoms can be slightly different in each person and can be rather annoying and uncomfortable. Dust mites are microscopic creatures that are found in many homes regardless of the fact that many of us are extremely tidy and clean. Dust mite bites can be extremely itchy and irritating, and certain individuals may be more sensitive to the bites than others. Below are the most common symptoms associated with dust mite bites.
- Redness. One of the most common and noticeable symptoms of these annoying bites is a redness that is quite similar to the appearance of a mosquito bite. The red area may also be raised slightly and can be bumpy.
- Itchiness. Extreme itchiness is a common symptom of dust mite bites. The red or bumpy area where the bite is located is likely to itch, and may become even more irritated when touched and scratched at. This area can also bleed or release a liquid when scratched or irritated.
- Allergic reaction. Often times, many individuals will experience a slight allergic reaction when bitten by dust mites. Symptoms of allergies can include a runny nose, watery and red eyes, and difficulty breathing.
- Rash. It is not uncommon for individuals who are bitten by dust mites to develop rashes on the skin. Bites can often appear in clusters, which creates a rash or red and inflamed areas on the skin. Rashes can be extremely itchy and red.
- Bleeding. Bleeding on the skin can happen when you scratch at the irritated region too much. If bleeding does occur, it is best to leave the area alone and treat it with an antibacterial cleanser. If the area becomes too raw or scratched at, it may become infected.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Ebola, Brad Pitt, and giant spiders.