Most people have experienced ear problems at some point. This is caused most times by infection but there are many things that may promote ear pain. Cold and flu season stimulates an increase in ear problems, with soar throat and coughing aggravating the ear area. With this tenderness can easily develop. The ear is a part of the body that is fairly resourceful and most infections will clear without help but some do require medical treatments.
- Ruptured ear drum, this happen sometimes from excessively loud noises, if you have thick infected mucus draining out of the ear, a ruptured ear drum may be the problem. People working around machinery or guns can easily be affected by this ear problem. This can also cause a lack of hearing, permanently if untreated and if the drum is not severely damaged.
- Otitis Externa, better known as swimmers ear, this is a swelling that affects the ear canal. If the ear feels painful when tugged a problem with the ear canal may be the problem. Infection affects this sensitive part of the body like all others, with the use of ear phones, dust and noise the ears take a beating. There is a remedy of white vinegar and the other part alcohol that aids ear problems.
- Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome, sometimes the ear can be sore from jaw pain. If the jaw bone makes noise in your ear when moved, there may be an infection. Try warm pads if this fails to help, see a doctor.
- Mastoiditis, this is a tenderness of the bone behind the ear, or possibly the lymph node may be swollen. If the back of the ear is tender to the touch or red and sore it is a problem that should be checked by a doctor. Many things can occur in the lymph system and checking it is important.
- Bad teeth can cause ear problems as if the difficulty was in the ear. The nerves and muscles of the body are so closely connected so, it is easy for one sector to affect another. Ear problems can easily be irritated by bad teeth.
- Barotrauma, airplane ear is caused by altitude change. Mountain pressure is no different the air in the ear is fighting desperately to adjust sometimes causing pain in the effort. This generally last a few hours, but if the ear does not revert to normal see a doctor.
- Pimple in the ear is a slight infection in the ear canal. This condition is a bit of a nuisance and can be very painful. If it can be reached without hurting the ear it can be popped but if not the tool of a doctor are needed.
- Blocked Eustachian Tube, a pressure or a muffled feeling in the ear area this stuffy feeling cannot be cleared by coughing. There may possibly be a blocked Eustachian tube. Constantly dealing with head colds or throat irritations may create hearing problems.
- Otitis Media, or Middle ear infection, this condition is caused by fluid draining in the ear. This uncomfortable feeling may clear itself in a few weeks. Many people use the help of a warm pad to help the inflammation.
- Ceruminosis, this is an extreme build up of wax located in the ear canal and this causes problems with hearing. Some people have s terrible problem with ear wax, this extra body secretion of wax can create clumps of wax that stop the ears. Neglect can cause the ears to create excess wax clogging the ears.