When considering Easter cake recipes, you must know the one ingredient that comes to mind this time of year—coconut. Not only will both the Coconut Pound Cake and Coconut Cream Cake impress your guests (and more importantly, her), it will leave your place smelling like a bakery. Bonus: studies have shown that the smell of baked goods can be the ultimate aphrodisiac…
1. To make Coconut Pound Cake for Easter, you will need:
- 1 cup softened butter
- 8 ounce package of softened cream cheese
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Cream together the fats with the sugar until light and fluffy. More BBQ master than baker? Simply use a mixing bowl and a hand mixer to blend the butter, cream cheese, and sugar. Use a medium speed; using too high a speed can cause you to splatter Easter cake batter all over.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beat the eggs well after you add each one. While you’re at it, add in the vanilla and coconut extract, too.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add this to the creamed mixture and blend the cake batter until it’s smooth.
- Fold in the coconut. Use a spatula to gently turn the coconut into the mixture.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 1-1/2 hours. When it’s done, turn the cake out onto a wire rack and allow it to cool before dusting it with powdered sugar.
While this Easter cake recipe is extremely easy to make, be careful not to over mix the batter while you are preparing it. Doing so can cause the Easter cake to turn out dry rather than moist. Also, be sure that the cake is completely cool before you dust it with powdered sugar; if the cake it too warm it can cause the sugar to liquefy.
2. To make Coconut Cream Cake for Easter you will need:
- 1 package of white cake mix (18.25 ounces)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 container sour cream (8 ounces)
- 1 can coconut cream (8 ounces)
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- Combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, cream of coconut and sour cream in a bowl. Mix until well blended, using either a wire whisk or a hand mixer.
- Spread the batter into a 9×13 pan. Use a spatula to ensure that the batter spreads evenly and gets into all the corners. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the cake bakes, make the frosting. Use a medium bowl to cream together the powdered sugar, cream cheese and milk. Slowly stir in the coconut extract.
- When the cake is done baking, remove it from the oven. Allow it to cool and then use a spatula to spread the frosting all over it. Sprinkle the Easter cake with the coconut flakes.
If you prefer, you can make this cake into cupcakes for an alternative Easter dessert. If you do this, decrease the cooking time by five minutes to ensure the cupcakes stay moist.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.