An easy and simple spinach pesto recipe is great to have on hand. It’s a great way to get some spinach into a diet, and this easy and simple spinach pesto recipe is a great alternative for those who do not like basil. Simply toss this spinach pesto with cooked pasta for a simple family meal or even a dish for a special dinner party.
To make simple spinach pesto, you will need:
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, well washed and stemmed
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor. Process until a fine paste is produced.
- Transfer the paste to a glass container. Top with a thin coat of olive oil in order to prevent the top of the pesto from becoming discolored.
- Refrigerate the pesto for up to three weeks.
You can make this spinach and pesto dish every three weeks as a great dinner option to fall back on. Simply boil some pasta and toss it with the pesto the next time you’re in a rush. If you're throwing a dinner party, you can prepare this pesto ahead of time, leaving you free to spend more time with your guests than in the kitchen cooking. This easy and simple spinach pesto recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.