Easy Banana Bread
Looking for an easy banana bread recipe? Banana bread is a great way to turn overripe bananas into a delicious treat. This easy recipe contains no eggs and bakes in under an hour.
To make easy banana bread, you will need:
- four large bananas, very ripe, mashed (about two cups)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine bananas, butter and sugar in a small bowl. The bananas should be well mashed, so that no chunks bigger than about 1/2 inch cubes remain.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon in another bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Don't over stir, or your easy banana bread will become tough. Fold in the nuts, if you like.
- Pour the easy banana bread batter into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out dry.
- Let the banana bread cool at least ten minutes before removing it from the pan or slicing. Store wrapped in waxed paper.
Tips: For easy banana bread variations, add dried fruit such as cherries or cranberries, chocolate chips, or coconut flakes. This easy banana bread recipe substitutes extra bananas for the usual eggs, creating a moist banana bread with extra banana flavor. When bananas start to get too brown, store them in the freezer until you're ready to make banana bread. They will turn black and become very easy to mash when they thaw.