Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
For a quick treat that everyone enjoys, learn how to make easy chocolate chip cookies. Chocolate chip cookies have been popular since the early 1930s, when they were invented by the owner of the Toll House Inn. This simple, no fail recipe for easy chocolate chip cookies is the same recipe your grandmother might have used.
To make easy chocolate chip cookies, you will need:
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 12-ounce package semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Whisk flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs and beat well.
- Gradually mix in flour. Stir in chips and nuts.
- Drop chocolate chip cookies by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for nine to eleven minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for two minutes; remove easy chocolate chip cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Either pecans or walnuts may be used for these easy chocolate chip cookies.
- A hand mixer may be used to mix the first ingredients, but be sure to stir in the chips and nuts by hand.
- For a pan cookie variation that will resemble brownies, grease a 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Spread the cookie dough into the pan evenly and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown in color.