Try something different during the holidays with an easy Christmas cake recipe. This ingenious no bake Christmas cake is made from popcorn and Christmas candy.
To make an easy Christmas cake, you will need:
- 4 quarts popcorn, popped
- 1 pound red and green M&M’s
- 1 cup Peanuts
- ½ cup Butter
- 1/3 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 cups Marshmallows
- Bundt cake pan
- Pop the popcorn, measure out 4 quarts and set aside in a large bowl. Combine M&M’s and peanuts with the popcorn and mix thoroughly.
- Melt ingredients. Combine vegetable oil, butter, and marshmallows in a saucepan and melt over a medium heat stirring frequently. Pour the melted ingredients over the popcorn mixture and mix thoroughly with a strong wooden spoon.
- Prepare the bundt pan. Spray the inside of the bundt pan with vegetable no stick spray or generously grease the bundt pan with a coat of butter. Spoon the easy Christmas cake mixture into the bundt pan and press it in place. Refrigerate until the easy Christmas cake is completely cool.
- Remove the easy Christmas cake from the bundt pan. Remove the easy Christmas cake from the refrigerator and place the bundt pan in a sink full of warm water to loosen the popcorn cake. When the easy Christmas cake loosens from the bundt pan, remove it from the water, dry the outside of the bundt pan, place a plate over the top of the pan, and turn over. The easy Christmas cake will drop gently onto the plate. Decorate the top of the easy Christmas cake with red and green M&M’s.
Tips: This easy Christmas cake can be made with chocolate or white chocolate chips, a chopped up candy bar, coconut and gummy bears or your favorite candy. When placing the bundt pan in a sink of warm water make sure not to fill the sink so high that it overflows the pan.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.