Easy Christmas Candy Recipes
Candy is a Christmas tradition but candy making can be time consuming unless you learn from these easy Christmas candy recipes. One of the easy Christmas candy recipes is a simple rich chocolate and nut covered Toffee.
To make easy Christmas Toffee, you will need:
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 cup granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 2 cups Almonds, coarsely chopped
- Candy thermometer
- Prepare ingredients. Spread a generous coat of butter on the baking sheet and set aside. Combine the semi sweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips in a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Combine sugar, water and butter in a saucepan. Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring frequently until the temperature of 290 degrees F is reached. To test the temperature, insert the candy thermometer. A temperature of 290 degrees is candy at the soft crack stage.
- Add the Almonds to the Christmas candy. Once the sugar mixture reaches 290 degrees F, remove the saucepan from the heat and immediately mix in the almonds. Pour the Christmas candy onto the greased baking sheet.
- Add the chocolate chips to the Christmas candy. Immediately after pouring the hot candy onto the greased baking sheet, sprinkle it generously with chocolate chips. As soon as the chocolate chips have melted on the candy, spread the chocolate evenly with a knife.
- Finishing the Christmas candy. Let the Christmas candy cool completely for an hour. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container away from heat. Makes two pounds of Christmas toffee.
Tips: Almonds can be easily toasted to enhance their flavor. Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for up to 10 minutes. Almonds will burn easily therefore they must be watched carefully. After five minutes of toasting, check the almonds every minute until lightly toasted. The danger of hot cooked sugar is real. Hot sugar on the skin will cause very serious and painful burns. Use extreme caution when pouring hot sugar and never touch it with your fingers.