Easy Christmas Candy
An easy Christmas candy recipe to make on your own is Christmas fudge with nuts. Christmas just isn’t Christmas without a plate of homemade Christmas fudge. Make easy Christmas candy with rich taste and homemade goodness in less than 10 minutes with only four ingredients.
To make easy Christmas fudge, you will need:
- 2 cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 – 14 ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 inch square baking pan
- Toast the walnuts. Spread the chopped walnuts on a baking sheet and toast in the oven at 350 degrees F for up to 10 minutes until lightly toasted. After five minutes, check the nuts every minute to avoid burning.
- Prepare the pan. Line the bottom and sides of a 9 inch baking pan with aluminum foil, waxed paper, or plastic wrap. Leave the ends of the wrap long enough to serve as handles when lifting the Christmas fudge out of the pan later.
- Combine the milk and chocolate morsels in a saucepan. Melt the ingredients together by placing the saucepan in a pot of boiling water. This serves as a homemade double boiler. Stir frequently until the chocolate is completely melted and blended until smooth.
- Add the nuts. Remove the Christmas candy from the heat and immediately mix in the walnuts and vanilla.
- Finish the Christmas candy. Spread the hot fudge evenly in the baking pan. Refrigerate the Christmas candy for 2 to 3 hours until the candy is firm. Use the lining to lift the Christmas fudge from the pan, remove the lining, place on a serving dish, and cut into squares. Yields 48 pieces of Christmas fudge.
Tips: Any type of nuts can be used in this easy Christmas fudge recipe. Substitute pecans, peanuts, almonds, or hazelnuts for the walnuts. When making a double boiler, the bottom pot should be slightly larger than the top pot. Do not overfill the bottom pot or the boiling water may splash into the top pot and ruin the candy.