Easy Christmas Dessert Recipes
Easy Christmas dessert recipes are a dime a dozen but the below are the easiest of the easy. Putting together both of these quick and easy Christmas dessert recipes will be so fast that you'll be amazed. Your guests will also be amazed and you will certainly amaze yourself.
1. To make candy cane ice cream with Christmas topping sundaes, you will need:
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 candy canes
- Red and green sugar sprinkles
- Place candy canes in a plastic bag and crunch with a hammer into small pieces.
- Soften vanilla ice cream in the microwave by heating in microwave for 30 seconds on full power.
- Mix candy cane pieces into ice cream.
- Refreeze as needed.
- Place 2 scoops of ice cream and candy cane mixture into a parfait glass.
- Add Christmas colored sprinkles (red and green).
Note: serve up snifters of peppermint schnapps with these sundaes. Delicious!
2. To make Christmas sugar cookies, you will need:
- One roll of Pillsbury sugar cookies
- Wax paper
- A rolling pin
- Cookie cutters in the following shapes: Santa, reindeer, and candy canes
- Decorator icing for cookies and cakes
- Open the sugar cookies and lay out flat on wax paper.
- Roll with a rolling pin lightly coated in flour.
- Cut cookies into Christmas shapes with the cookie cutters.
- Bake for 9 minutes at 350F.
- When cool, use decorator icing to outline the cookies. Add color as you prefer to decorate the cookies.
Note: Serve these delicious sugar cookies with cocktails of kahlua and cream for just the right touch to your dinner party.