Easy Halloween Treats
Halloween is the time for spooky fun which includes easy Halloween treats. It is remarkably easy to make fun Frankenstein fingers on a tray to pass around the room. Serve forked eyeballs or spooky Halloween cupcakes covered in brains. Create great fun by getting creative with the Halloween treats you serve.
1. Spooky Halloween Forked Eyeballs
To make spooky forked eyeballs, you will need:
- 2 (11 ounce packages) white chocolate chips
- 12 doughnut holes
- 1 package semisweet chocolate chips
- Red decorator frosting in a tube
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 plastic forks
- Melt the white chocolate. Place the white chocolate chips in a small saucepan and add oil and melt over a low heat.
- Coat the doughnut holes. Insert a plastic fork into a doughnut hole and dip it into the melted white chocolate to coat it. Tap off the excess chocolate. Note: keep the white chocolate melted over a low heat while using it.
- Make the eye. Insert a chocolate chip point first into the white chocolate. The chip can be placed on the very top or on the side of the doughnut hole. The chip is the pupil.
- Use the red tube frosting to make big red squiggly veins on the eye. Place the finished Halloween treat in a mug with the handle of the fork down. This treat is eaten off the fork.
2. Spooky Halloween Frankenstein Fingers
To make spooky cheese fingers, you will need:
- String cheese
- Pickles (sweet or dill)
- Cut the string cheese in half. Cut three grooves out of the cheese with a small knife at one end of the cheese. At the other end of the cheese cut a groove shaped like a fingernail from the cheese then cut another three grooves ½ inch from the fingernail to represent joints in the finger.
- Slice the pickles. Cut a thin slice of pickle (the outer skin) and cut pieces off to make fingernails. Place a dab of mayonnaise on the underside of the pickle fingernail and stick it to the cheese finger to complete this creepy Halloween treat.
3. Creepy Halloween Brain Cupcakes
To make brain cupcakes, you will need:
- 12 cupcakes
- White frosting
- Food coloring
- Pastry bag
- Color the frosting. Place the frosting in a bowl and add a few drops of yellow and one drop of green food coloring to the frosting and mix thoroughly. Add red food coloring one drop at a time and mix until a light drab orange color is made.
- Frost the cupcake. Spread a thin layer of colored frosting over the top of each cupcake.
- Make the brains. Complete this spooky Halloween treat by filling a pastry bag with a number 10 round tip with the remaining frosting. Make two rows of tight zig zag frosting in the center of the cupcake. Add another row on each side of the center rows to complete the brain matter of this spooky Halloween cupcake.
Tips and Warnings:
- You can make a simple pastry bag by insert a corner of a quart zip bag into a coffee mug and folding the ends of the bag over the outside of the mug. Fill the bag by spooning in frosting. Lift the filled zip bag from the mug and gently force the frosting into the corner. Twist the bag ends closed. Cut of the corner of the zip bag with scissors to the desired size to finish the pastry bag.
- Wear plastic gloves or sandwich bags over your washed hands when preparing finger food.