Create your own easy Indian party appetizers with the help of prepared ingredients from the grocers. Serve a fragrant chicken curry that starts off with a purchased roasted chicken or spicy curried chicken wings with cucumbers and tomatoes and a cooling yogurt dip. The foods of India are rich, satisfying and redolent with spices. Echo that in your appetizers. Buy the best curry powder or if you're ambitious, make up your own blend, customizing it to your preferences.
- Curry Powder
- Roasted Chicken
- Ginger (up to one tsp)
- Chicken wings, cooked, plain
- Two onions
- Four tomatoes
- Cooking oil
- Food processor
- Saute pan
- Slice the onions and cook over low heat until the onions are slightly brown. This brings out their sweetness.
- Put the tomatoes, cooked onions, ginger and curry powder in the blender until it's a smooth paste. Reserve 1/2 cup of the paste.
- Heat 1/4 cup of cooking oil in a pan until it is hot. Add the tomato mixture and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Cut the meat from the chicken and chop into small chunks. Add to the tomato mixture with 1/2 cup of water. The chicken is already cooked so it just needs to combine with the curried veggie mixture for this easy Indian party appetizer. Increase the heat by adding more curry powder. Just be careful. It's easy to increase the heat but difficult to decrease it. Go slowly adding just a bit at a time. The final chicken curry should be thick.
- Serve on small slices of Indian flat bread for the first easy Indian party appetizer.
- Mix the reserved tomato paste with a chopped chili, and twi tbsp. of yogurt. Add the cooked chicken wings and coat thoroughly. The wings will be spicy. Serve with dahi, or yogurt, for dipping. Surround the wings with slices of tomatoes and cucumbers. That's the second easy Indian party appetizer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.