Learn about this easy Jello shot recipe to make a party hit that will have them coming back for more. Jello shots are a fun addition to any holiday party because you do not just drink Jello shots; they can be eaten. This added feature makes Jello shots seem more special than a simple shot of liquor in a shot glass. Another plus of having Jello shots at your party is all the flavors you can make. Satisfy everyone's cravings and make Jello shots in all sorts of flavors like grape, strawberry, lime and orange.
- 6 oz. pack of Jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1-1/4 cups vodka
- mixing bowl
- small plastic shot glass cups
- large tray
- Boil the water. Put a tea kettle or pan on the stove with more than two cups of water. Bring the water to a boil.
- Pour the Jello into a mixing bowl. Empty the Jello powder into a bowl.
- Mix the Jello and boiling water. Use a spoon to thoroughly mix the Jello and two cups of boiling water until the Jello granules are completely dissolved. The Jello should not look or feel gritty, but it should appear smooth and mixed with the water.
- Add the cold water and the vodka. Mix the Jello shot recipe mixture thoroughly incorporating the water and vodka into the Jello shots.
- Pour the Jello shots into cups. Use small, clear disposable shot glasses so the Jello shots look beautiful on the table or as they are being passed around to guests.
- Let the Jello shots set. Put the Jello shots in the shot glasses on a tray to slide onto a shelf in the refrigerator. When you want to serve them, you will be able to pull out the tray, making it easy to serve the Jello shots.
- Pass around toothpicks. Let your guests use toothpicks to pull the gelled Jello shots out of the shot glasses.