Dress up your next dinner party with this easy liquor cheesecake recipe, and wow your friends with your skills and your sophistication. This versatile recipe can be made with the alcohol and juice combination of your choice to imitate the flavors of your favorite cocktail. Use tequila and lime juice for a Margarita Cheesecake, or add peach schnapps and orange juice for a Fuzzy Navel Cheesecake. Since this liquor cheesecake is best chilled overnight, plan ahead to make it the day before your next soiree. It’ll have your friends raising their glasses and their forks!
To make an easy liquor cheesecake, you’ll need:
- 1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 24 ounces (3 “bricks”) of cream cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup alcohol – like rum, tequila, or Triple Sec
- ½ cup fruit juice – orange, lemon, lime, pomegranate- whatever you decide
- A springform pan
- Parchment paper or foil
- Tiny amounts of butter and flour to prepare the pan
- Prepare the springform pan. Remove the collar and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper or foil, cutting it in a circle to cover the bottom completely. Lightly butter and flour the liner, and then replace the pan’s collar, latching it securely.
- When you’re ready to make your easy liquor cheesecake, start by making the crust. Put the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a small bowl and stir until they’re combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of your prepared springform pan using your fingers until the whole bottom is evenly covered. Set the pan aside.
- Making the filling for your liquor cheesecake is easy. Simply combine the cream cheese, 2/3 cup sugar, and cornstarch in a large bowl and beat until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, followed by the egg yolk, beating the mixture after each addition. Beat in the alcohol and the fruit juice. Pour the mixture on top of your prepared crust.
- Bake your cheesecake at 350 F for 15 minutes. Then, lower the oven temperature to 200 F and let your easy liquor cheesecake bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. The center of the cake should not look wet or shiny. Run a knife around the inside edge of the pan immediately to prevent cracks while the cheesecake cools. Chill your liquor cheesecake uncovered in the refrigerator – preferably overnight – before serving.
- Just before serving, feel free to garnish your liquor cheesecake for a dramatic presentation. You can dust it with powdered sugar, dot it with maraschino cherries or lime wedges, or even drizzle it with marmalade to create your own cocktail confection.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…