Easy Macaroni And Cheese Recipe
Macaroni and cheese recipes are more than just opening a box these days. In fact, macaroni and cheese is one of the top comfort foods because of it's richness, warmth in the cool months, and it's convenience anytime you make it. For many people, it's a staple dish at all their holiday tables, as well as a filling lunch for the kids. Macaroni and cheese recipes are also great as a base for adding meat and fish to make it a main dish or even with soup to use it as a delicious side dish.
To make macaroni and cheese recipes, you'll need the following.
- One 8 ounce package elbow macaroni
- One 8 ounce package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- One 12 ounce container small curd cottage cheese
- One 8 ounce container sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- One cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Turn oven on and set temperature to 350 degrees.
- Boil pot of water and put in elbow macaroni. Cook on boil till package direction time is up or until macaroni is done. You can add salt to the water to prevent the pasta from boiling over. The secret to good pasta without being starchy is to not lose the boil till finished. Then remove from heat and rinse according to package directions.
- Mix cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste, with the macaroni. Transfer the macaroni and cheese recipe to baking dish.
- Combine the bread crumbs with the melted butter and use to top the macaroni and cheese recipe.
- Bake for 30 minutes until macaroni and cheese recipe is bubbly and golden. Serves six.