It's fun and easy to make Christmas cookies for the holidays. Gather the family together and make it a group project! Cut the cookies into themed shapes such as Christmas trees, gingerbread men and candy canes. Decorate them with frosting and serve!
To make easy to make Christmas cookies you will need
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 tube green cookie frosting
- 1 tube white cookie frosting
- 1 tube chocolate cookie frosting
- 1 tube red cookie frosting
- 1 gingerbread man cookie cutter
- 1 Christmas tree cookie cutter
- 1 candy cane cookie cutter
- Other Christmas themed cookie cutters, as desired.
- In a mixing bowl combine the butter and sugar and beat until fluffy. Cream the eggs and vanilla into this mixture, then add the flour until dough firms up. Wrap the dough in two separate sections in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour and a half, or until firm enough to work with.
- When dough is firm, remove from refrigerator and place on a smooth, lightly floured surface. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place the rack in the center of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Roll one section of the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out shapes with the cookie cutters and place each shape on the baking sheet. Once all the dough has been cut and the shapes placed on the baking sheets, place sheets in the refrigerator and let stand for ten to fifteen minutes. This prevents the easy to make Christmas cookies from loosing their shape in the oven.
- Place chilled easy to make Christmas cookies in the oven and bake for approximately eight to ten minutes, or until the sides begin to brown. Remove and let rest for five minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling wrack. Once the cookies are completely cool, you can decorate them with the frosting, as desired. Allow the frosting to set for one half hour before storing the cookies in a cookie tin. Easy to make Christmas cookies will be ready to eat immediately!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?