Looking for an easy to make seafood chowder recipe? Seafood chowder recipes are basically all the same. Seafood chowder is rich with a variety of seafood and filling with its potatoes and bacon flavors infused with the fish. Seafood chowder recipes are good to know when the fish are biting and plentiful and you don't know what else to do with them. Chowders are great during the colder months to warm up your insides and stick to your ribs. For a great seafood chowder, try the recipe below. It's both easy and delicious.
To make this seafood chowder recipe, you will need:
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 pound scallops, quartered
- 1/4 pound fresh or frozen lobster, cut into one-inch pieces
- 1/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1/4 pound cod, cut into one-inch pieces
- 1/4 pound haddock, cut into one-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon curry
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- Cook the bacon in a large stockpot until crisp. Take out the bacon and place it on a paper towel. Place the onions in the same pot and cook them in the bacon drippings until tender.
- Add the potatoes and water and boil for ten minutes. Put in the lobster, scallops, shrimp, cod and haddock and cook for another ten minutes for wonderful seafood chowder.
- Stir in your butter, salt, parsley and curry. Then mix in the milk and evaporated milk. Cook until hot and throw in bacon bits as a garnish right before serving.
This seafood chowder recipe serves eight. You can tell the fish are cooked in this seafood chowder when the meat is flaky, the shrimp turns pink and the scallops turn opaque.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!