Easy Paddleboard Exercises
Easy paddleboard exercises can get you in shape. The large water going board is the basis for this growing sport along with the signature paddle. A combination of surfing and kayaking, paddleboarding sets the stage for an all over workout. Get the proper instruction before going out in the ocean on the board. Even small waves can be dangerous for the unexperienced paddleboarder. A certified professional can teach the proper way to ride, stand and exercise with your paddleboard.
- Stand alone. Begin easy paddleboard exercises by simply balancing on the water. Keep your feet in the proper position and go with the tide, holding your body upright.
- Squat and back. Easy paddleboard exercises continue by adding a squatting motion to the balancing act. Bend at the knee and push the butt outward. Go up and down slowly while keeping your balance. Use arms to assist in staying upright by holding the paddle straight out from the body.
- Paddle switch. Move on with easy paddleboard exercises by beginning to switch the paddle from the left to the right hand. This will throw off your balance and force you to use more muscles to stay upright on the board while squatting and returning.
- One sided paddle. The next step for easy paddleboard exercises is to begin paddling only on one side. You will need to use your body to keep the board moving in a straight line.
- Double paddle dip. Finish out the easy paddleboard exercises by incorporating the squatting motion with regular side-to-side paddling. This full body workout is fun and builds endurance.