Easy Passover Desserts
Looking for easy Passover desserts? Look no further. Passover is an 8 day celebration for Jewish people. When making desserts for Passover it is a challenge to remain kosher. One of the ways is to avoid any food with leavening agents like yeast and baking soda. Other products that may be avoided are corn syrup, cornstarch, beans and grain alcohol. These five easy fruit desserts will make planning Passover desserts simpler. You can enjoy the holiday without wondering what to make for dessert. Fruit recipes are light and refreshing.
Watermelon in White Wine Syrup
- 1/4 to 1/2 watermelon
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Chopped mint leaves
- Using a melon scoop or small ice cream scoop watermelon pulp into a bowl. You should have small round balls of watermelon.
- Put the bowl aside or refrigerate.
- In a small saucepan bring the white wine and sugar to a boil. Let it boil over medium heat 15 minutes until reduced.
- Let it cool on the stove. Pour the mixture over the watermelon chill for an hour.
- Garnish with chopped mint leaves.
Fresh Strawberries with Orange Sauce
- 1 pint fresh strawberries sliced thin
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- whipped cream
- Wash the strawberries and slice thin. Put slices in a medium bowl.
- In small saucepan heat the orange juice and honey. Add the nutmeg.
- Boil about 10 minutes until reduced. Let it cool. Add sauce to strawberries.
- Chill in the refrigerator for an hour. Serve with whipped cream.
- 4 Red Bartlett pears skin peeled
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange liquor
- Peel the pears using a potato peeler.
- On top of the stove combine water, sugar and orange juice. Bring to a boil.
- Add the pears to mixture. Boil or poach about 15 to 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove pears put in bowl. Add orange liquor.
- Serve on plates with whipped cream.
- 4 Golden Delicious apples
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Core apples using apple corer. Remove center and seeds. Discard.
- Combine the sugar, walnuts, cranberries and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Put apples in baking dish. Stuff mixture into center of apples where hole is.
- Dot apples with butter. Add boiling water to pan. Bake apples 30 to 40 minutes until cooked.
- Serve hot with whipped cream.
Fresh Cranberries Compote Over French Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 gallon French vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
- In medium sauce pan bring to a boil water, wine and sugar.
- Add cranberries and simmer about 10 minutes. Cook until the skins burst.
- Drain and put in bowl.
- Serve cranberries over vanilla ice cream with whipped cream.