Easy Recipe for BBQ Chicken
This easy recipe for BBQ chicken uses your favorite barbeque sauce and can be used year round. It can be placed on the grill outdoors during the summer months, although there is no need to wait until summer with this BBQ chicken recipe. Oven baked BBQ chicken is perfect for those cold winter months or any time you want quick and easy BBQ chicken.
Supplies Needed to Make BBQ Chicken
· A gallon sized plastic freezer bag
· Baking pan, rectangular ceramic or metal baking sheet
· Oven set to 400 degrees, or outdoor barbeque
Ingredients Needed for BBQ Chicken
· 1 package cut up chicken, thaw if frozen, 8 to 12 pieces
· 1 bottle any brand barbeque sauce
Procedures to Make BBQ Chicken
1. Wash all chicken pieces and pat dry with a paper towel
2. Place chicken pieces into large gallon freezer bag.
3. Add barbeque sauce to the chicken in the bag and seal the bag shut. Carefully shake and bag to thoroughly coat all chicken pieces with BBQ sauce. Be careful not to open bag.
4. Place sealed bag in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
5. Remove chicken from bag, placing onto baking pan. Place sauce left over in bag on top of the chicken.
6. Bake in 400 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked. If using an outdoor barbeque, preheat coals and place prepared chicken onto hot grill, turning once until thoroughly cooked. Do not add remaining sauce to chicken on grill.
7. Remove BBQ chicken from the oven, or grill, and serve hot.
Easy Ways to Serve BBQ Chicken
BBQ chicken can be served a number of different ways depending on personal preference.
Serve BBQ chicken at BBQ’s, picnics, pot lucks or as the main course of any meal.
BBQ chicken can be served alone or with complimenting side dishes such as potato salad, chips, rice or buttered pasta.
Tips and Variations
When using frozen chicken pieces, be sure to thaw completely before using.
BBQ Chicken can be made using any combination of chicken parts depending on personal preference. If using whole chicken (legs, thigh, breast, wing), this recipe will make about 8 pieces.
Using all wings or all legs will allow for more chicken pieces. If only whole breast meat is used, more sauce will be needed to cover 8 pieces.