Sometimes nothing beats a sandwich for lunch or a quick supper. But why eat the same old boring lunch meat on dry white bread again? Try this simple and tasty recipe for a chicken breast sandwich and perk up your meal.
Easy Chicken Breast Sandwiches
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 onion buns
1 tomato, sliced thinly
1onion, sliced thinly
4 slices pepper jack cheese
condiments of your choice
- Remove chicken breasts from their packaging and rinse thoroughly under running water. Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and fry, turning once, until both sides are lightly browned. Be careful not to heat the butter to excessive temperatures, as this will scorch the butter and add a bad taste to your chicken breasts.
- After the chicken breasts are nicely browned on both sides, lower the heat to medium low and sprinkle the chicken breasts lightly with table salt and ground black pepper.
- Add 1/3 cup of water to the pan and cover tightly. Simmer the chicken breasts until they are no longer pink in the middle and the water has reduced. Check the pan often to avoid burning the chicken breasts, adding more water if needed. Do not add too much water at once or your chicken breasts will become soggy.
- When the chicken breasts are fully cooked, turn off the heat and remove the chicken breasts from the pan when they are done.
- Split and toast the onion buns and top each with a slice of pepper jack cheese.
Place the warm chicken breast on top of the cheese, then top with your choice of lettuce, tomato, onion and any condiments that you may desire. Try serving this chicken breast sandwich with a pile of homemade fries and an ice cold grapefruit soda. This recipe makes 4 servings.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)